Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Victorian State XCO Rounds 1 & 2 - December 2016

Round 1 was held at Jubber Land on Saturday 11th December and Round 2 at Sedgwick on Sunday 12th December 2016.

I had no expectations, and my race start demonstrated this perfectly!  But as the race progressed I worked with what I had, which relied largely on technical ability, for my 3 laps.  I worked out 10 - 15 min from the finish that I only had 50 min of hard racing in my legs, so suffered hugely but continued to work hard til the end.  A finish in 3rd behind the very strong Wendy Snowball and Dora Bettridge.

Round 2 in Sedgwick was like returning to my old stomping ground.  Though I haven't raced on this course for a couple of years, the familiarity of it helped mentally.  My legs surprised me and I managed to finish in 1st in ahead of Dora (something that won't be happening again any time soon!).  


Round 2 - Sedgwick

No comments: