Sunday, September 21, 2008

Progressive return to riding

A return to the bike, although it's not so much that I'm feeling on top of the bronchitis....more so that I'm over not being on the bike. My chest still rattles when I cough, and most breaths feel like I've got a mobile phone in my chest that's stuck on vibrate, but I'm returning to riding after 5 weeks off.
Brett and Roz bradley (and baby Gus) came to stay for a week, as Brett was racing the Coffs Mountain Marathon and it was a great opportunity to catch up with them.
Under direction from the physio I'm restricted to short rides every other day so as to not flare up the tendonitis in my knee after so long off the bike. Tuesday presented us with the warmest spring morning yet, so a cruisy 40km ride was the start of many. Thursday was a flatter town 40k's. And Saturday started out as a nice cruisy 60km roady to Mylestom and back, however having caught up with a road tandem, it was on. They had the weight advantage on the decents, so we jumped on the back and then took turns on the flatter and hillier sections. It was a harder ride than expected, but great fun.
Next week will ber similar again, aiming for a longer ride next weekend.

No comments: