Sunday, June 9, 2013

June Long Weekend - Part 1

I had been looking forward to the long weekend since April.  It was a goal to work towards during long hours of study and work....a 3 DAY WEEKEND!  Though the details were scant, I knew it involved lots of riding, relaxing/reading, and time with the dogs.

Weeks ago I'd lined up to ride with Roz in Bendigo at some point.  I couldn't wait.  In arranging an overnight stay I overlooked a minor problem - no roof racks on the Impreza (I still hadn't had time to swap them over with Dave who bought the Outback).  So it ended up a day trip with the doggies as well as the mtb.  The dogs loved running round new places and new smells in the Crown Land parcels near Roz, and they became suitably tired enough to sleep while we went for a ride.  I realised after the ride that the dogs had been in the car with a bag of dog bones in the footwell of the back seat - the dogs were there for 1.5 hours, only 6 inches from the bones and didn't even touch the bag!  I'm so proud of my well-behaved babies.  

Lots of old trails that we used to ride up until 2007 - they've changed a bit, but are still there.  I was horrified at one section that is now 15 feet wide - an off-camber corner that clearly no-one could ride so they just made it wider through lack of skills - very annoyed indeed (LEARN HOW TO RIDE, PEOPLE...DON'T JUST MAKE ANOTHER LINE).  But the ride was great fun with undulations, rocky pinch climbs, and LOTS of talking!  Yes, we talked the entire 1.5 hours.  It was great.  

A beautiful Roz special home-made Yellow Lentil Dahl for dinner went down well with lots more conversation.  

Old friends out for a ride (Roz made me feel so welcome when I first moved to Bendigo - nothing changes)

Bendigo trails (and a gorgeous chick)

No comments: