Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Daylesford, Smiths Gully & Lysterfield all in one week

I've had a great week of mtb-ing.  On the way to Daylesford it starting snowing, and ended up quite a depth the closer I got to Daylesford.  We were to ride out and meet 3 amazing chicks (Jane, Amanda and Beth) who were riding on the Dry Diggings Trail from Castlemaine to Daylesford.  The 3 of us procrastinated, made up excuses, dilly-dallied, then finally got out on the bike for a great ride.  Cold, but great.  I've committed myself to riding more of the Dry Diggings Trail when the weather is a bit warmer and dryer.  



Kira and Jo mid-ride (once we finally got out of the warm house)
The sun shone for my Smiths Gully ride, even though the temp only reached 9 degrees for the entire ride.  Still better than 4 degrees for the Daylesford ride!  The trails were good, the climbs were good but hard, and I finished the ride with not a whole lot left in the tank.

Kira and I decided on a night ride at Lysterfield.  We somehow picked up a lone rider in the car park named Damien, who rode with us.  He didn't seem to mind our slowness, and didn't laugh too hard when I fell off.  Overall, a great night ride mid-week.

No comments: