Sunday, July 20, 2008

A much-needed week off work

Drink top-up at Coramba
After lacking enthusiasm in everything, I decided a week off work would be just what I needed. A week of sleep-ins and riding in the warmth of the day revitalised me.

Monday presented me with a windy 26 degree day for a cruisy recovery ride round Coffs. Tuesday was my first day of hill reps up my favourite hill climb - my glutes were sore until Friday!! Wednesday was a road ride with friends Sally & Brad. They turned back at the hour mark and I continued on for another 4 hours. This is the longest ride I've done since December, and totally enjoyed it. Fare enough it wasn't at great pace, but it was a good way to find out what my legs and knee were up for. As it turned out, I think I must have done something to it when I fell off a few weeks ago. Pain continued until Friday morning, whereby I conceded I may need to bring in the physio's expertise. Under instruction to take it easy until I could see him, I stuck to flat cruisy rides for the remainder of the week.

No comments: