Thursday, May 3, 2012

I'm Back...

Well, I'm back on.  Back on my blog, back on the bike, back in Victoria, and back studying.
First race was the Wombat 100.  Well, the Wombat 50.  Which turned into the Wombat 20.  A big step back into racing, I decided to ride 'cattle class' and took on the Wombat 50.  15km into the event I had a mechanical that meant I limped my way 5km to the next marshall station, where I got a lift back to the event centre.  But until then, I was having a great time, if not a little frustrated with the inabilities of others on the technical stuff.  But I rode with a few really great guys (including my Giant friend) and enjoyed the experience.
And as if getting back into racing isn't taking up enough of my time, I decided this year to start post grad studies - Post Grad Diploma in Bushfire Management - 2 years part time.  I'm enjoying the mental challenge of studying again, but still working out the finer details of balancing working full time, studying part time, and trying to train enough so that races are enjoyable.  
On Saturday I'm riding in the Forrest 6 Hour in a Mixed Pairs.  It will be casual, it will be cold, but it will be fun.  
Keep you posted.

No comments: