Friday, March 29, 2013

March - the month of travels

I can't really recall what I've done for the past month, other than travel round the state for work.  And getting my babies back which also involved 15 hours of travel.  It is only the photos on my phone that remind me of what I've achieved in work and study.  So let's have the piccies tell the story.

Some time since my last post I've spent a week working in Bendigo and Cape Otway, a week at Mallacoota, and finally a week at home.  


View from Mallacoota accommodation

Don't think I'd trust that bridge to hold a tanker - might have to find alternative access

Now I know why this landowner doesn't bother getting dressed and meets DSE staff in his white y-fronts....you wouldn't expect anyone to come to your property out here.  Chris and I were lucky - he was fully clothed for us.

A quick stop between properties for a phone and email catch-up...reception is rare in the areas surround 'coota

Playing with the DSE guys and big machinery getting a good setback to burn off the highway
While the babies were staying at Puppy Hilton (mum's place) for 6 weeks I replaced one of their beloved beanbags with a new one.  As predicted, it was a hit.  I'm so proud of my babies that they can have something as potentially disastrous as a beanbag and not chew or destroy it.  

Buzz and Beep enjoying their new beanbag

I caught up with Lauren who owns one of Beep's babies.  Puddy is so much like Beep, and she is given endless amounts of love from her owners and staffy-buddy Fonz.  Lauren and Dean ended up having to buy a king-sized bed so that everyone fitted in and all could have good nights sleep....now that's dedication and love.  So glad that Beep's sweet little white girl went to such a good home, and is being treated just as her mum and pseudo-dad are treated.

Puddy - Beep's white baby girl now 2 years old
 I am babysitting Dizzy this weekend.  Dizzy is such a sweetie - so gentle and peaceful.  And although my two aren't happy about sharing my time with another stafford, they are tolerating Dizzy's presence.


Babysitting Dizzy - Erica's 8 month old red girl...Dizzy found her head fits through the cat door
 I finally got on the bike after a week of nothing, though it was on the windtrainer.  I wasn't weather-restricted, just time-restricted.  I managed to read 2 journal articles during the hour session, and the dogs slept peacefully during my ride.


Fitting some exercise in around study - yes, that's a scientific report on the effectiveness of planned burning on my bars that I was reading while riding

No comments: