Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Great MTB Rides and Rainy Weather

Had a good couple of mtb rides over the weekend.  Saturday was the great trails of Bendigo - though only a brief 1.5hr ride, then raced off to a work do.  But sweet trails of fun, though I am still struggling for strength and fitness so the climbing wasn't as much fun as it used to be.  The rain didn't really dampen my riding spirits too much, expect for packing up the car and changing into dry clothes.

Sunday was a cruisy Dandenong Ranges mtb.  Up the never-ending Basin-Olinda Rd climb, where it started raining.  Descending from Olinda to Sassafras I had a brain-freeze from the cold and wet - not nice.  Went on a different firetrail descent than usual which cut out some climbing, but I got the brain-freeze back again.  I was glad to get back to the flats of Boronia and on my way home to dry off and warm up.

Back to a week of work, then planning next weekend's rides!!

No comments: