Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Long time no update

 In brief, it's been busy.  The piccies somewhat sum up 2014 so far.  

  • 3 tours away with fire going to a different location and doing a different role each time; trying to keep my job under control whilst being away
  • Doing a few rides with Roz in between being away
  • Finally getting my hardcopy Postgraduate Diploma in Bushfire Management, which Dave from work absconded with and renamed calling me a 'smart arse' (as can be seen in photo)
  • Feeling guilty about putting the dogs in kennels for the extended periods of being away
  • Trying to locate and kill a brown snake in my backyard that the dogs had bailed up at my back door (thanks to neighbour Jeff for the heads-up phone call)
  • Watching my friends at the Women's XCO Round 3 of the National Series at Echuca


My grafitti'd Postgraduate Diploma




An interesting phenomenon - reduced grasses/weeds beneath trees meant lower intensity burning of the foliage










Em Parkes racing hard



Got to spend some time with Em after the race




Dear friend Tory Thomas racing to 3rd position - you inspire me every day, Tory.
Beep not perturbed after interaction with snake - Buzz exhausted

No comments: