Sunday, March 30, 2014

Upcoming Events

Well I've taken the plunge and entered a couple of events.  The Wombat 50km and the Police & Emergency Services Games 3 Hour.  I have no expectations in either of these results wise....my results are based on pushing myself to finish each event with nothing left in the tank, and to have a great time doing it.  

My brother Gav is coming down to race the Wombat 100 so I thought instead of just 'riding' the 100km, I'd try and have some legs and actually race the 50km, within means of what is possible at a busy time of year.  

Gav and I have a week of mountain biking planned post-race, then I'm entered to race the following weekend at P&ES Games at Officer.  Again it should be about the same duration as the Wombat, so let's hope my legs aren't too tired from the week of riding and that I have something left in them for the race.  It's exciting and motivating having some racing goals, even if they are minor ones.  

I'm loving being on the bike, and after the hectic and demanding days at work I push myself to get on the bike, even for 30 mins, which blows away the worries of work and allows me 'my time' and 'down time'.  A few tunes to sing along to that always distract me from my heavy thoughts and take me to memories from long along linked to particular songs, or songs that make me drive that hill climb, or liken my life to the lovely words and melodic tunes.  I love my bikes and I love my life.

No comments: