Monday, March 9, 2015

I RODE SLATEY !!!!!

I know this doesn't look much in a photo, but 'Slatey' is a Castlemaine Piney's legendary section of trial.  Though I haven't ridden this trail many times, I have (until today) only ridden it twice.  Today is the third.  

I actually thought that we'd missed Slatey - that it was further up the trail and we hadn't come across it.  I was having an awesome technical day and didn't think anything of it as I rode into this, and looked for a line as I approached it (yes, there is a line there!).  It wasn't until my front wheel rode the first section of slate that I realised where I was, and that I was riding it!  I had a brief moment's thought of 'Don't fall off and hurt yourself 'cause you're racing next weekend' as one of my wheels slid a bit, but I didn't falter and made it though seamlessly.  

An awesome, awesome day at the Piney's with Roz - lots of hard descents, hard climbs, off-camber tree roots all typical of the Pineys.  So nice to ride some hard, physically demanding singletrack that keeps you moving on the bike with the need to read the trail and technical bits with speed as you approach them.  SO GOOD!

Roz struggling to climb up Slatey

No comments: