Sunday, November 16, 2008

The end of a week



I've had a mixed week - time off work, time on the bike, and some beach relaxing too. Evan needed some bodies on bikes for a few photos, so Evan, Brad & myself headed out for a mtb ride. Evan's comment was 'challenging hills' - my experience involved biting the head stem for way too long, then walking the remainder. The first hill ascended 170m, followed by...well, more hills. But the photos were worth it, apparently!!

Sunday gave us a local race at the 'Cows with Guns' course - this time with a few extra kms of new track. Rain last night meant that the new sections made for hard riding, and the old sections were as trecherous as always in the wet with dozens of tree roots.

My aim was to stay upright so that I am fully functioning for next weeks 8 hour at Ourimbah. After a full week on the bike my legs were tired, so all I had to do was go out and ride, spend some quality time on Dale, and work on consistency in my laps. All of this was followed by several hours of pancakes with some very good friends.

No comments: