Tuesday, November 25, 2008

JP Morgan 8 1/4 Hours of Power - 3rd Solo Women

The face says it all at the end of the race...

This event was held at Ourimbah State Forest, near the coastal town of Wyong. My practice lap was totally awesome - it was really difficult to not go hard on the hard-packed, flowing track. It had sections of trail that were reminiscent of many trails in NSW and Victoria - Killingworth, Yellowmundi, Castlemaine, Bendigo, Whittlesea, Mt Beauty.... But, even with this world of awesome trails, I had an angry race, which was unfortunately not to my benefit.

I was fatiguing on the climbs by the third lap, I was fed up with people, and then it rained. By 5 hours in I was contemplating pulling out. 6 hours in I found out I was coming 3rd. With only 3 more laps to finish, it was too late to pull out. So I got some food in and plodded through the first of three at a very slow pace. With only 2 laps to go I pulled my finger out and did a hot lap, followed by another.

I finished in 3rd, and walked away having learnt alot. I also learnt that a 5 1/2 hour drive straight after the race is crap!!

No comments: