Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Mount Buller Ride

Our last ride together was Mansfield - Mt Buller - Mansfield.  A slow but achievable 92km 4 hour 1800m elevation gain ride.  Gav was really tired all the way until the last 3km climbing section to Mt Buller Village.  I felt good - not fresh but still able to tap away at the climbs.

It was cold at the top so we didn't stay long, and then I smoked Gav on the descent.  We met up at Mirimbah and peddled back to Mansfield.  The Red Bull and hamburger Gav consumed at Mt Buller must have helped, cause he was able to do turns on the way back, which meant that I returned from my (almost) 100km ride still feeling good - pleasantly trained would be wording, I think.


Gav and myself at the end of our Mt Buller climb and descent
I've had a great few days away, now have a cycling tan to be proud of, am now going to watch the New Moon set tonight from the top of Mt Buller (this is probably a bit romantic blah blah to be doing with my brother, but hey...beggers can't be choosers).  The New Moon has a spiritual meaning of new beginnings, setting goals and wishes, and opening yourself to magical change.  So, here's to a new outlook and a happy future.

No comments: