Thursday, April 25, 2013

A Few Rides To Keep Sane

I've been on the bike a few times this week while at uni, certainly not because I have time, but to put all lectures, learning, assignments and work behind me for a short while and let myself be free from thoughts.  Tuesday was late by the time lectures finished, but I didn't care - I was brain dead, mentally exhausted, cranky, sick of people and just wanted to get away. 

Once I got on the bike I didn't want to stop.  It was dark in the single track and hard to see, but I didn't care - I kept riding cause I was enjoying it so much.  By the time I rolled back into uni it watch pitch black, having done the last section of climbing from the lake back up the hill in the dimmest of light.

It was a bit dark in the Oak forest, but this was only the beginning of my ride
Thursday was much the same - only one day to go of my subject lectures (and 4 weeks of assignments), but I was out of there by 4:30pm and free on the bike.  I went exploring seeing as I had some extra daylight - found this great view, some really fun fast, rocky fire trail, a couple of girls from uni out walking, and a really nice trail bike rider named Gavin who also has a Cannondale and rides the trails around Creswick. 

After my chats I decided to do another loop of the fun stuff, then climb back from the lake to uni feeling much refreshed and ready for another 5 hours of assignment study.




 

No comments: