Sunday, November 24, 2013

A return to Mt Sugarloaf

It's been no less than 7 years since I last rode from Bendigo out to Mt Sugarloaf and back, and it hasn't changed much in that time.  Except for the last pinch, rocky climb to the top and the descent back down.  Roz and I headed out in the showery weather and followed a brilliant dark blue cloud for 1.5hrs, then ended up in the cloud for 30 mins with some rain.  But what a brilliant 60km 3.5hr mtb ride.  Chatting all the way of course!  And it's so good to be free of study FOREVER....never again.  But that's what I said when I finished my undergrad.  But for now it's back to bikes and dogs - the way life outside of work was meant to be.  

I'm planning on a bigger couple of weeks on the bike in preparation for the Duael with Roz.  Better late than never.  And in the words of Bon Scott, 'Ride On' (by the way, one of my favourite AC/DC songs...you can take the girl out of Penriff - the 'riff - but you can't take the Penriff out of the girl !!).  

No comments: