Monday, November 25, 2013

Leahy Track, Sedgwick State Forest

Guess what I found?!!  Yep, the guys from the DSE Bendigo Depot came through with the goods.  

This trail was the final section of trail that I rode through in Sedgwick State Forest that led to my house in Sedgwick.  I used to ride this trail from the end of my street through the unused road reserve, jump the fence and onto singletrack, that widened to this trail that was unnamed at the time.  The Bendigo guys graded the trail to open it up for fire use and when they heard that I rode it often (especially to work and back) they said they would name it after me.  When I moved back to Bendigo a couple of months ago Darryl mentioned there was a track named after me, so I've been hanging out to see it.  

Thanks Tranter, Scotty and Doosh for making me feel special by etching my name in Sedgwick State Forest for all time.

And of course I had lots of fun and a small 'off' heading out there on the One Tree Hill trails.  A great 2hr mtb on a most gorgeous day.

'Leahy Track' named after me by the guys from DSE Bendigo Depot

1 comment:

pacman869 said...

On ya! You deserve it!