Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Snowies Mountain Bike Festival - November 2016

Gav, myself and the usual Blue Mtns crew returned to have another go at the Snowies Mountain Bike Festival held at Lake Crackenback.  I had a bit of a shocker last time, and though I was no fitter this time, I was determined to just go out and enjoy the riding for what it had to offer.  And the gorgeous surrounds!  

Considering we had snow and 30mm of rain on the Wednesday before the event, the weather surprised us by giving gorgeous sunny days that turned out to be quite hot.  

My times were no faster than last time, but I felt better during and after each stage, and looked forward to the next one.  Both Gav and myself had a great time - Gav beat all of his previous lap times - and we couldn't stop talking about it for weeks.  Ready for the next one in February 2018.  I can only hope that I might actually be fitter for that one.

Snow still above Thredbo

Thredbo River - gorgeous as always

Gavin and myself after final Stage 5 - both buggered but happy

The Blue Mtns crew after Stage 5

No comments: