Monday, January 7, 2013

Early 2013 Racing Plans

I may not have any fitness, I may not have any strength, but I'm planning out the first half of 2013 racing.  I need to start somewhere after not racing for so long - it's too easy to tell myself I'm not fit enough to race.  The hard thing is actually getting to a race and getting on the start line.  So I'm prepared to enter races, turn up knowing that I'm going to come last, start the race knowing it's going to hurt the entire time and wanting to pull out half-way through, but finish each race fully fatigued and happy to celebrate my achievements with myself.  

18 - 20th January Mt Buller National Series Round 1
2nd February Bright 12 Hour Solo
24th February Lake Mountain 4 Hour Solo
15 - 17th March Bright National Series Round 3
14th April Wombat 100km Woodend
28th April 100km Epic Bendigo
11th May 6 Hour Beechworth

So I may not be fit or strong now, but having racing plans and getting to these events will help me in more than the physical sense to achieving my goals.  And, as my mum reminded me recently...I've got dad on my side - all I have to do is ask for help.

No comments: