Friday, January 18, 2013

Mt Buller Day 1

I headed out for a practice lap Thursday morning.  I got 3min 45sec into my lap and sliced my front tyre, rolled the tyre off the rim and came off.  A 15min walk back to the lodge to change bikes, then had another hit out.  

The XCO course is awesome, but it will certainly claim some riders.  I'm pretty sure I'll be one of them.  Flowy, rocky, fast, dry and powdery, then a horrible long steep climb that is rocky and powdery.  Not sure how many laps I'm doing, but hoping only 3 - I may just have 3 laps in my legs, but not much more for that amount of hard climbing.  

This morning, Friday, is relax, maybe do a lap of the XCO, then practice lap of the Eliminator Course, then I race the Eliminator at 3pm.  My aim?  Get eliminated early to save my legs for Saturday and Sunday.  

Thursday night was topped off with sunset just below the Mt Buller Summit.  The alpine environment is one of my favourite - and this weekend it is my refuge.

I sat on a patch of Poa sp. in alpine grasslands 

Billy Buttons at sunset



No comments: